Friday, February 24, 2017

Genius Oreo Brownies!

So today I was sitting at home doing nothing because for some reason I didn't have school. I could have done homework, but am I really going to do that on a Friday? No. I was getting pretty hungry, so I looked in my pantry and saw some Ghirardelli brownie mix! Then while I was looking for vegetable oil, I found a pack of Oreos and an idea struck me! OREO BROWNIES!! I'm probably not the first to come up with this idea, but either way I was convinced they would taste fantastic.
This is the brownie mix I used with just regular Oreos.
Ghirardelli brownies taste fantastic on their own, but who doesn't love a little extra something... especially if that something is Oreos! The first thing you have to do is preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Then make the brownie mix the way it tells you on the box. When you are ready to put the mix into an 8x8 inch pan, only pour half of it in or enough to just cover the bottom of the pan. Then set in full Oreos on top of the batter. I only put 9 Oreos so that there would be one in every brownie square. Cover the Oreos with the rest of the batter and put the pan in the oven for the amount of time it says on the box. I put mine in for 45 minutes.
This is how my brownies came out of the oven. You could just barely see the Oreos under the top of the crust. I cut the brownies into 9 squares about four minutes after I took them out of the oven and let them cool for another 20. 
I could not even wait to try them, so I pulled one out while the rest were still pretty hot, and I LOVED it! You can see the little Oreo stripe in the brownie and it tasted like heaven. I was worried that something would go wrong when you actually bake the Oreo because I've never done that before. It worked though, and you guys totally need to try this recipe!
Even if the brownies would have come out gross, I still had so much fun baking them which is the most important part! So get your apron on and go make some Oreo brownies!

What's your favorite Oreo-based dessert?

xoxo💕

No comments:

Post a Comment